31. Peter Burgess: Systemise and automate with software solutions
Systemise and automate with software solutions
In this episode, I talk to Peter Burgess who helps small to medium-sized enterprises systemise and automate their businesses.
Peter is the founder of Olivitek Software who specialise in custom software development, technical consultancy and data consultancy (BI and data visualization). As a software developer, Peter works out if businesses need a software solution built for them of if they could use an off-the-shelf product to meet their needs.
In this episode we cover:
- The story of how Peter came into the software development business
- His first tech gig at Nokia and how they worked on software
- His journey from IBM to building his own company in Australia
- Application or Solution Right Mapping and Roadmapping – Peter’s processes in creating software for his clients
- Common off-the-shelves solutions that can be used and make an impact for marketing, sales, and schedules
- Situations where custom systems and integrations may be needed
- Systems and how they help you see information and statistics that can create dashboards to help you see data quickly
- Why feedback from the market is important
- Peter’s examples of changes and impacts in businesses because of the Roadmapping process
- The benefits of Roadmapping
- The importance of understanding the business motivation for a project
- Return on Investments and timeframes to achieve it.