3. Tys Cobb: Video & leveraging events
Video & leveraging events
In this episode we are joined by Tys Cobb from businessDEPOT. He is a B2B marketer, inbound marketing specialist, content marketing enthusiast, and Head of Marketing at businessDEPOT.
He has spent the last 9 years in marketing and advertising, and has helped implement brand awareness and product marketing initiatives for many Australian companies, most notably BOQ, Instant Scratch-Its, Microsoft, Network Ten and Ubisoft Games. Tys Cobb now specialises in Inbound Methodologies and digital marketing in the B2B space.
As Head of Marketing at businessDEPOT, Tys Cobb develops digital & content driven experiences for the business, increasing brand awareness, lead generation and client retention and advocacy.
In this episode we cover
- How the collective at Business Depot uses
- How they use their video marketing tactic ‘Blackboard Friday’ to educate and build trust with their audience.
- Content marketing is a slow burn
- Using call to actions in their content marketing
- Increasing your marketing productivity through batching
- Building top-of-mind awareness through content marketing and events
- Creating a marketing ecosystem through events
- The importance of showcasing your brand through your events
- Importance of education and entertainment
- Paid versus free events
- Using live events as your sales funnel
- The need to be strategic and consistent with your events
- The role a good CRM and a segmented database in B2B marketing
- Why the business owners and staff need to be in attendance at your live events
- Why you need to have a business development mindset with your event marketing