24. Jacob Aldridge: Creating Assets from Intellectual Property
Creating Assets from Intellectual Property
In this episode I talk with Jacob Aldridge from businessDEPOT about how he is helping small business owners to identify and develop products from their IP.
Over the past 12 years, more than 300 active growth businesses in Australia, the UK, and Asia-Pacific have worked with Jacob in his role as an international Business Coach, Partner and Advisor.
As Director of Advisory at businessDEPOT, Jacob Aldridge is working one-on-one with SME businesses and directors, while also leading the development of the Strategic Advisory services across Workshops, Group Programs, and Online business guidance.
In this episode we cover:
- How professional service-based business can use technology to convert time and their knowledge into tools and products to grow and scale their offerings.
- The time for money trap business owners fall into.
- How Brandonian has used their owner’s IP as a way to train up their staff and develop a diagnostic tool as pre-qualifying lead generator.
- Recognizing how valuable your knowledge and expertise is as IP that can be used to grow and scale your business.
- The process of creating and documenting your IP.
- How Business Depot’s new niche Real Estate Principal business coaching product Real Reach came about and the challenges faced in launching a collaborative based online training program.
- The importance of ensuring there is a market for your product before create anything.
- Why getting an external perspective is so important when trying to identify and monetise your IP.
- The process of Blackboard Fridays, Business Depot’s weekly content marketing activity and how they repurpose that content across multiple platforms.