22. Dyan Burgess: Creating and publishing books
Creating and Publishing Books
In this episode I interview independent book publisher, author and illustrator Dyan Burgess.
Dyan has self-published a whopping 2 million words and currently produces a book per month.
In this episode we cover:
- Why you should look at publishing your own books
- Her journey to publishing her first book which then lead to her and her husband publishing over 100 children and business books
- Some of the downfalls to consider when using a traditional book publisher
- The connection that a physical book can still make with your audience
- Idea generation for books and publications
- How the initial focus of supporting and listening to existing clients helped to create a blog and then books for her husband Matthew’s law practice
- How she manages to publish one book a month and how Bake a Business Book came about
- Common obstacles that hold people back from publishing
- Frameworks of putting your knowledge into a book format
- How a book can help you to refocus and move forward in your business and career
- The importance of knowing your why for writing a book
- How to use links and QCodes in your book to connect with the audience and remain relevant
- Opportunities that can arise from being a published author and the impact it can have on your personal brand awareness
- The importance of getting feedback on book ideas and seeing how others use your content for new book and product ideas
- Tips for marketing and leveraging your book
- The power of webinars in book marketing and idea generation.
Links mentioned in the podcast